Baby's skin is soft, delicate and sensitive and is very different from skin of adults. Therefore, baby’s skin is not used to deal with chemicals a...
Baby’s skin is soft, delicate and sensitive and is very different from skin of adults. Therefore, baby’s skin is not used to deal with chemicals and other harmful products. Parents and guardians should be more careful with the baby’s skin and follow baby skin care tips provided by doctors.
You can easily follow the baby skin care tips given below as many doctors agree with the following tips.
Baby Skin Care Tips
1) Baby soap and shampoo: Consult your doctor for your baby’s skin type and use soaps accordingly, as the soaps or shampoos you use currently should be different taking care of your sensitive skin of your baby.
2) Lukewarm water: You should always use clean, lukewarm water which should be neither hot/warm nor cold when washing your baby’s body and head. Always check the temperature of the water by placing your elbow in it before bathing the baby. Remove any jewellery from your hand to avoid any scratches on your baby’s delicate skin during bath. After a bath pat dry with a soft towel and never rub with towel to dry your baby.
3) Dry Skin Lotion for Baby: Always use a dry skin lotion if you find your baby’s skin dry and apply it after every bath. There are many chemical free lotions available in the market which you can buy after consulting your doctor.
4) Clothes and Diapers for baby: The best and skin friendly cloth for your baby is the loose, cotton clothes as they are easy for your baby as well as their skin. As air passes easily through cotton clothes, it helps in absorbing sweat which is a main cause of skin problems, like, skin rashes.
Diaper rashes are common in babies and it occurs due to irritation caused by tight diapers or long left diapers. The best baby skin care tips to avoid certain situation, is to keep your baby’s diaper airy and s change them as soon as you realize that they are wet. And if already you are facing diaper rashes problem, clean the area with warm wet cloth and apply zinc oxide cream.
5) Exposure to Sun: As everyone knows sunlight has vitamin D, it is necessary to provide your baby with vitamin D for stronger bones. It is not necessary to take your child out in the scorching sun, but you can make him stand/sit near window before 8 am. You should never take your baby out from 10 am to 2 pm, as the sunrays are harmful to the skin at this time.
Therefore, by following certain basic baby skin care tips you can make your baby and his skin happy.